Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Lego Train Motor with Power Functions on Ausini Train Set No. 25807

Ausini Train Set No. 25807

I bought a Lego train motor with Power Functions last night and it's not cheap, and I decided to install it on my Ausini Train Set No. 25807. The Ausini train set is rather heavy so I was afraid the train won't be able to move. I was half-right; the train had troubles moving and after some checking and tweaking, I discover that it needs a longer rail track to pickup speed, kinda like an airplane on a longer runway. So, I extended my straight rail tracks to 13 pieces (about 1.65m) which was just enough. I added an extra carriage (timber carriage) so the train is like super heavy but hey! It works. I created a short video to demonstrate my experiment. Enjoy the video! I'll be posting more original Legos and bootleg versions of it in my next few posts. Wait for it!


1 comment:

  1. I've tried (and am still trying) to do similar thing. I've only recently discovered the existence of this non lego lego bricks :) and this train was the first I bought to test it (it was the cheapest one on aliexpress :) ).

    But I've only bought Lego power functions train motor, not the whole train power function set. I have some experience with electronics so I'm making controller electronics, infra red receiver a myself.

    Prototype version worked, but unfortunately not as I like it :). I've decided to use portable USB battery that supplies 5V, Lego motor was intended for 9V. It works, but not at full power but cca 60%. It can only pull train and one car, when I add third one it pulls it slowly on straight track, but stalls on turns. Another problem is the size, I used "classic" through hole components and board turned out a bit thight fit, the battery was also tight fit, I had to throw out drivers seat on one end to make room for it, but worst of all, I put USB plug on wrong side of the board, upper side, so, when I put all of this inside, roof wouldn't fit. But hey, it moved :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3gK5LXECP8

    I'm currently on second version of my prototype, this time I'm going to use 9V battery, hopefully it will have the capacity to power it for at least an hour, and I used smaller components so electronics are half the size of first prototype. I'm still waiting for some parts before I can solder and test it :). I've also added connections for LEDs so it will have front and read headlights. Luckily block that holds it already has holes and they're exactly 3mm in diameter, same as LEDs, and they can be turned on and off separately via remote. Now I just hope I'll be able to fit all that inside it :).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Templates